« Home | $1.75, Please » | The Passion of the Blog » | Gender Bender » | In Which I Don't Get the Right Answer... » | Reptiles » | Future of Feminism » | Memes (Clever title, eh?) » | Blogger by Nature? » | Other, Better Blogs » | And away we go. »

A Few Notable Things:

1. I think I'm becoming addicted to blogging.
2. The Van Gogh painting at the top of my blog keeps disappearing and then reappearing. Spooky!
3. My Left Nutmeg is great. I like the voice: smart but a bit quirky, a little edgy. It's so damn readable. It hums my political tune, so to speak, which makes me wonder: is that why I like it so much? If yes, then there must be some truth to what we discussed in class about DailyKos (and many political blogs) just preaching to the choir. Maybe that's not so bad, though. Maybe if you preach to the choir, you can get them to do even more than they would ordinarily do. Plus, there's not only strength numbers, but comfort as well. It's just plain old nice to communicate with people from different stations in life who share your opinions. Besides, I'm sure some right-winged folks drop in every now and then, just as I watch Fox News every now and then to get pissed off.
4. This timeline is helpful. I know, I know. I said that blog is kind of dull, which I still believe, but dull can be educational.
5. Lattes rock my socks off.

Labels: , , ,

I have to admit, I enjoy your blog a lot. Your sense of humor is just right to keep the whole thing moving along with interest.

I've also wondered about the 'preaching to the choir' aspect of blogs. Particularly political blogs. I know even Kos admits bloggers aren't ready to really change elections. Yet. But I think you are right...nothing wrong with motivating the choir to sing a few more upbeat numbers! Before long, perhaps, someone new will want to join the choir!

Oh, both you and colin asked...who is Em? LOL Not anyone either of you knows, I'm sure. Not a class member. Just an interested reader. Local (S. Windsor). Special education teacher in another nearby town. Tech geek. Blog reader extraordinaire (colin made reference to the Trinity Bloggers on the air and one thing led to another...). Maybe one day I'll even write my own!

Thank you, I'm glad to hear that you enjoy reading the blog! I really appreciate you "tuning in" to it. I've written livejournals and xangas before, but writing for a class is entirely different. At first, it was kind of awkward, but I'm starting to relax a bit and play with it.

I definitely think that -- at this point -- political blogs preach to the choir, but it's good to know that you agree that maybe there's some potential in that.

For the record, I'd definitely read your blog if you decide to write one of your own. :)

Post a Comment