« Home | I'm A HUGE Cheeseball » | Betcha Didn't Miss Me » | Informative Love Affair » | Thank You » | Success » | I Can't Do It » | Rar! » | Moving On » | Irrelevant & Weird. Skip Ahead, Please. » | Election Day Blues »

Gratitude

All this talk of blog aesthetics pushed me to devote my entire Friday morning to fiddling with my blog. Delightful, really, because what else would I be doing the day after Thanksgiving besides still digesting all the turkey and stuffing and potatoes and rolls I consumed?

It's a bit belated, but in the spirit of the holiday, here are some things for which I am thankful:

1. Good health, my own and that of those I love.
2. Matthew, my partner, my touchstone, my fellow odd duck. Especially for managing to not only accept but to also love the things about me I am as yet unable to accept about myself.
3. My mother who incessantly reminds me that life and love are all the reasons one needs to spontaneously break into song. Quite simply, she reminds me that it's okay to be happy.
4. My friends who, despite the fact that each of us claims to either generally dislike or feel horribly awkward around other people, have brought abundant light into my life for many years.
5. Those small but essential things: my warm home, more than enough food to eat, music, good coffee, gin & tonics, and The X-Files.
6. Books, the best and most faithful friends a gal can have.
7. My bed. Seriously. It's my favorite location.
8. Hope and perseverance.

It's funny. Once you start thinking about it, there's so much to be grateful for.

Labels:

Sara, that was really lovely. Honest. :)

I really like your new layout, too! I tried to doctor mine up yesterday, but I'm a bit of a fuckwit with all things html-y, so ended up in a shallow pit of defeat, no longer willing to dig myself out with an (imaginary) sexy Blogger template.

Happy (belated) Thanksgiving, and happy weekend! See you Monday.

Thanks, Caitlin! :)

Oh, I know that shallow pit of html defeat all too well. I love the photo of Spain you added to your profile, by the way. Beautiful.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too!

Post a Comment