« Home | "El-Jay" Or, In Which I Bore You » | Lord In Heaven, My Nose Is Swollen! » | I Didn't Promise Coherence » | Gratitude » | I'm A HUGE Cheeseball » | Betcha Didn't Miss Me » | Informative Love Affair » | Thank You » | Success » | I Can't Do It »

Apparently I've Stopped Caring That This Blog Is Public


I have a thing for Cookie Monster. I always thought it was his eyes (so dark and googly). But I think I finally understand the true reason behind my fondness for this particular zany muppet: he embodies unbridled obsession. His eyes twirl, his hands shake, he grunts and wails and howls, and he has a purely single-track mind. That muppet only cares about cookies. Everything somehow relates to cookies and his insatiable hunger for them. Genius.

Not to mention, Cookie hosted Monsterpiece Theater, one of Sesame Street's gems.

"Me love to look out the window at night. See all the pretty stars -- twinkle, twinkle. You know what moon remind me of? It remind me of great, big, delicious cookie!"

Labels:

Eyes so dark and googly...

That's a good thing??? So maybe that is what attracted my wife to me? ;)

you might appreciate this then:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2006/5/5bryan.html

That was amazing. Thank you!

I love Cookie Monster! Where do you think I learned my table manners from?

Ha! :D

There's just no getting around it: Cookie Monster is awesome.

Post a Comment