« Home | Alternative Blog » | (Almost) Back in the Saddle » | Vapor Action » | Bleh » | YouTube, MeTube » | "The Milk Man, The Paper Boy..." » | A Few Notable Things: » | $1.75, Please » | The Passion of the Blog » | Gender Bender »

DUI

Sometimes I wonder about the kind of person I really am. Is it awful that, as a Saint Joseph College alumna, my first reaction to President Evelyn Lynch's DUI was laughter? I mean, we're talking serious cackling, nearly doubling over with giggles. As an English student who is all too familiar with the most-writers-are-drunks phenomena, I find it hilarious that the English department of Saint Joseph College is housed in Lynch Hall. It's all too fitting.

Two things that may redeem my status as a human being: 1) I wasn't laughing because I want such a negative reputation to befall Saint Joseph College. I love that place and I loved my studies there. 2) I saw the story on the news and was legitimately concerned about whether she had injured herself or anyone else.

But seriously. Isn't it a little funny? (I hope this post doesn't piss anyone off. No, I don't take drinking and driving lightly and no, I don't think drunks are cool.)

Labels: