« Home | Notes on Notes » | Wiki Crit » | The Dream » | Wiki: The First View » | Death by Video » | 10-13 » | DUI » | Alternative Blog » | (Almost) Back in the Saddle » | Vapor Action »

A Few Disjointed Thoughts

1. I've often thought of my life as an endless series of awkward moments. I've thought about this so often, in fact, that I once considered starting a blog that only included the awkward moments of my life: nervous elevator conversations, dropping things at crucial moments, falling down various sets of stairs, the bizarre go-ahead-no-you-go-no-really-ok-ok dance in which I always seem to get stuck, excitedly imitating a great kill scene from a Friday the 13th film in a Board meeting and then realizing I went just a little too far. You know, things we can all relate to.

This only came to mind today because I remembered that I fell down the stage stairs at a CODS show this weekend. I tell you: awkward moments, one right after another.

2. Livejournal. I've had a Livejournal for three or four years now, and the more I learn in this class, the more interested I am in how Livejournal works. It's sort of its own species. I mean, it is a blogging site, but it's also a web of forums (communities). And good icons are the much-desired art of the Livejournal world; some people enter icon contests and some people pay to have unlimited icons. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something about Livejournal is different from other blogging sites, even the similarly youthful Xanga. And I know people chock up Livejournal to a teen diary site, but it's pretty in-depth and some people are doing some really cool things with it.

3. Further evidence of my crotchety old lady status: I have a bad back.

Labels: , ,