« Home | Apparently I've Stopped Caring That This Blog Is P... » | "El-Jay" Or, In Which I Bore You » | Lord In Heaven, My Nose Is Swollen! » | I Didn't Promise Coherence » | Gratitude » | I'm A HUGE Cheeseball » | Betcha Didn't Miss Me » | Informative Love Affair » | Thank You » | Success »

Procrastination Rears Its Filthy Head

Some great (in my opinion) Livejournal communities:
  • SistersBronte is delightful if you're into the Bronte sisters. And, c'mon. Who isn't? By the way, I'm convinced that someone's favorite Bronte says a considerable lot about him or her.
  • Academic_Anon is for (sometimes "recovering") academics.
  • HipsterBookClub is useful for finding new reads or revisiting old ones.
  • StoryBookLand is a community for those interested in the art of children's literature.
  • I like old photographs, so VintagePhoto is a blast.
  • For your muppet fix, here is muppets, a community devoted to muppet thoughts. There's also muppet_icons, which is barrels of fun.
  • And here's a community of people who are fighting for a second X-Files movie. Death by Excitement, anyone?
  • There are also some creepy communities, ones that advocate alcoholism, eating disorders, strange fetishes, etc. But I'm not going to link those because I don't believe they deserve the attention.

And now, back to persistently avoiding my final Literary Studies paper.

Labels:

I know this is unrelated to the post, but how did you get the pictures set up on the top of your blog?

Hi Kirsten!

I used icons that I've been storing on my computer and made a banner in Photoshop with a black background. Then I stored it on my Photobucket account. (Do you have an account with them? It's free and you can get URLs for your own photos.) And finally, I went to the "Settings" tab on my blogger dashboard and where it says "Description," I put this code: img src=

Before "img" put a < After the equal sign you can insert the URL to the whatever picture URL you want. And then close the bracket with this >

Did I make sense? Blogger wouldn't let me type the actual code I used...

I can make an icon banner in Photoshop for you, if you want and/or don't have access to Photoshop.

That's awesome! I have all the stuff for digital imaging... the coding is where I'm no good. Thanks for the tip!

Wow, I just saw that you wrote 'Kirsten' instead of 'Kristen' (damn these names that are one letter different) and I was thinking for a second, 'Could I have serioulsy left Sara a comment I have no recollection of?' lol

Btw, I <3 icons, if you couldn't already tell, lol. I really like the ones you've chosen. Let me know if you ever need more because I know a ton of sites.
Maybe I'll change my template too. Something to do over break. =)

Lol at the Kirsten/Kristen mix up. :) Glad you like the icons! I'd love to hear your recommendations for good icon sites.

Here's three I particularly like. They also have links to other icon sites.
http://groups.myspace.com/corrinsicons3
http://groups.myspace.com/cuteicons757]
http://www.geocities.com/akronugurl//iconssss.html
(The last one takes a little while to load)

Post a Comment