« Home | ? » | Warning » | Good God! » | The Returns » | They're Everywhere! » | Hugh Ogden » | Staying the Course » | Addendum » | 2007, Here We Come! » | ... »

Winter Break: A Recap

The new semester begins today. Let's review my goals for the winter break:
  • Blog every day, even if I don't have anything to say. (Well! We know that didn't happen.)
  • Read a lot, including a big, fat classic novel and something by Stephen King. (I read four books, including King's Pet Sematary, but I didn't read a big, fat classic novel. I'm taking 19th Century American Literature this semester so that should more than compensate.)
  • Successfully cook a dinner that is not microwavable or stored in a can. (Actually, no, I didn't. I did, however, start using the oven to cook the microwavable meals I eat because - somehow - that makes me feel better. And more accomplished. "A" for effort!)
  • ...And if that goes well, bake something from scratch. (Ha!)
  • Discover some crevice of X-Files fandom I have not yet explored. (Yes, I managed to complete this oh-so haughty task.)

Those all sound great, especially the one about cooking from scratch! I'd love to see how that one goes...you probably have no idea how good of a cook you really could be.

I love that the most successful goal was the one relating to X-Files! Everything else comes in second. Your priorities are good! :)

Your blog reminded me of a funny Dilbert cartoon my sister-in-law had on her refrigerator for a while. I don't remember exactly how it went but it went something like this: Dogbert is walking along, thinking to himself: "I think I'll write a book." Next panel he is saying, "Maybe I'll read a book instead," and it keeps going along from reading a book to reading the TV Guide to just sitting on the couch with the remote and flipping through the channels to see what's on. Guess you had to be there!

That cartoon is MY LIFE.

Post a Comment