« Home | ... » | This Cake Is Baked! » | Bert & Ernie: Which One Are You? » | Scram! » | Will The Blog Go On? » | Procrastination Rears Its Filthy Head » | Apparently I've Stopped Caring That This Blog Is P... » | "El-Jay" Or, In Which I Bore You » | Lord In Heaven, My Nose Is Swollen! » | I Didn't Promise Coherence »

2007, Here We Come!

I am a procrastinator and I am not alone.

I had to drive up to Massachusetts this afternoon to buy alcohol for the New Year's party I'll be attending because it's Sunday and Connecticut does not sell alcohol on Sundays. The funny thing is: As I was waiting in line, which stretched from the register to nearly the back of the store, I noticed that the majority of people in line were flashing Connecticut driver's licenses. All of those people, myself included, just couldn't get it together and get their procrastinating butts to the liquor store before Sunday. Instead, we all drove miles from home and waited in 15-minute lines with our fellow Connecticut procrastinators. Happy New Year to all.

This year, I've decided to avoid setting myself up for failure. I'm not going to make grand, life-altering resolutions. I'm just going to make some small goals and slowly work toward them as 2007 progresses. These include, but are not limited to: blogging more, focusing on my creative writing and perhaps sending out some material to literary magazines, collecting rejection letters from aforementioned literary magazines, deciding my thesis topic, and learning to cook and bake.

There. I've blogged. I'll now reward myself with the all-too-appropriate "Millennium" episode of The X-Files.

Labels: ,

I love the procrastination observation. Maybe that is why we never achieve all those New Year's Resolutions, eh? Well I wish you luck on your resolutions. They actually seem like things you can get done. And I'll keep my fingers crossed that the one about collecting rejection letters won't keep you too busy. ;)

And very cool X-Files hoodie!

Thanks for wishing me luck (and hoping I won't be collecting too many rejection letters)!

Hope your holiday was lovely!

Post a Comment